Use Case Solution
Installation of WordPress with custom coded plugins and database tables that interfaced with Google Map’s API. Consideration for a limited budget and timeline for completion was given priority in developing our solution.
Use Case Overview
A manufacturing company had a custom developed application built upon Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0. The framework .net framework version 2.0 had reached it’s end of support software life cycle on January 13, 2009. The security vulnerabilities coupled with constant application crashes made the application non-usable.
The migration was focused on transferring and extending the features and functionality, database and any external data source of the application and not the technology stack.
The application had four main actors that would access the application through a web interface.
- Customers: Potential Customers Searching for a Specific Product
- Marketing: Marketing Team to Manage & Update Site Content
- Sales Manager: Update Current Products, Active Sales Agents, and Distribution Locations
- Chief Information Officer: Manage Internal/External Usage and Access to Application. Implementing fail-safe backup strategies.
Use Case Requirements
Use Case I: Customers
- Access to fully functional and easy to use public website.
- Registered Users can:
- Search for specific product with product availability returned.
- Find the name, address and phone number of the closest sales agent.
- Find the name, address and phone number of the closest distribution warehouse.
Use Case II: Marketing Team
- Create, update and delete content.
- Analyze usage of content created for specific marketing campaign
Use Case III: Sales Manager
- Created, update and delete products.
- Create, update and delete sales agents.
- Create, update and delete distribution locations.
Use Case IV: Chief Information Officer
- Create, update and delete users.
- Assign role to user.
- Assigned role defines what the user can access and edit.